Luther Vandross

BORIMIR

Турист
Credits
Биография
vandross_luther.jpg

Лютер Вандросс / Luther Vandross
20 апреля 1951 - 1 июля 2005

Певец, композитор и продюсер Лютер Вандросс родился 30 апреля 1951 года в США. Американский певец Лютер Вандросс начал выступать в семидесятые годы - пел коммерческие джинглы, записывал бэк-вокал для различных исполнителей. Впервые он привлек к себе внимание поп-мира, когда записался на пластинке Дэвида Боуи «Young Americans» (1975 год). Затем фирмы грамзаписи заинтересовались им и как соло-вокалистом, и в 1981 году он подписал контракт с Epic Records - по контракту, ему также дозволялось писать и продюсировать собственный материал. И его первый сольный альбом «Never Too Much» занял первое место в ритм-энд-блюз RHYTHM & (R&ATовых чартсах. С этих пор Лютер Вангросс один из самых уважаемых черных вокалистов, и петь с ним дуэтом почитают за честь многие певцы.
Родился в New York,New York,USA.
С 2003 года он был прикован к инвалидному креслу, а диабет и повышенное давление вкупе с избыточным весом в итоге сделали свое дело - последние 2 месяца жизни Лютер находился в коме, а затем отошел в мир иной.

Пароль:Crimea

1976 - Luther
luther.jpg

Tracks:
1 Funky Music (Is a Part of Me)
2 2nd Time Around
3 I'll Get Along Fine
4 Everybody Rejoice
5 Emotion Eyes Eaves, Vandross
6 This Strange Feeling
7 It's Good for the Soul, Pt. 1-2

MP3 | 192 kbs | 55 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1977 - This Close To You
R-838972-11640435581.jpg

1 This Is for Real
2 Lover's Change
3 Don't Take the Time
4 Jealousy in Me
5 I'm Not Satisfied
6 This Close to You
7 Don't Want to Be a Fool
8 Come Back to My Love

MP3 | 192 kbs | 71 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1981 - Never Too Much
0069699853812_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Never Too Much
Release Date: 1981
Running Time: 36:50
Label: Epic
Rating:

The debut solo album from Luther Vandross featured one outstanding song after another. Vandross concocts a bouncy, vibrant flow on his up-tempo numbers and an intimate, emotional connection on his moderate grooves and his lone ballad. The title track stormed up the Billboard R&B charts to number one where it remained for two weeks. The mellow groove of "Don't You Know That," which checked in at number ten, was the second single. "Sugar and Spice" had less of an impact on the charts due to its short stay of six weeks. However, this feverish number gets all the juices flowing as does the unreleased "I've Been Working." Also featured on this set is the sentimental number "You Stopped Loving Me." The song was written by Vandross but initially released by Roberta Flack; both versions stand tall. "A House Is Not a Home" is the only ballad, and an elegant one it is, written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David and originally sung by Dionne Warwick nearly 20 years prior. Vandross orchestrates a contemporary masterpiece with this vintage number. Though it was never an official release by the label, it's a quiet storm jewel. In addition to his many music credits, Vandross was a featured guest vocalist with the progressive band Change. The same vocal savvy and smooth styling that the New York City native exhibited on songs like "Searching" and "Glow of Love" resurface here. This is one of the better R&B albums of the early '80s. Craig Lytle, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 Never Too Much
2 Sugar and Spice (I Found Me a Girl)
3 Don't You Know That?
4 I've Been Working
5 She's a Super Lady
6 You Stopped Loving Me
7 House Is Not a Home

MP3 | 192 kbs | 50 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1982 - Forever, For Always, For Love
0069699853832_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Forever, For Always, For Love
Release Date: 1982
Running Time: 43:32
Rating:

New York City native Luther Vandross did not generate any number one hits with his second effort for the Epic imprint. Nonetheless, he presents another solid album. The smooth crooner has demonstrated a keen ability to attractively arrange remakes with such beauty and suspense as he did with three of the four featured releases. On the vintage ballad "If This World Were Mine," Vandross teams up with Cheryl Lynn. The single peaked at number four on the Billboard R&B charts. He lays his signature on a jammin' medley remake of "Bad Boy/Having a Party." The chandelier-swinging number stepped in at number three. He concludes with the Temptations' gem "Since I Lost My Baby." Penned by Smokey Robinson and Warren Moore, this mournful mid-tempo number tipped in at 17. "Promise Me," "Once You Know How," "She Loves Back," and the other selections are supreme compositions. Luther Vandross' dominance of the R&B arena was beginning to surface. Craig Lytle, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 Bad Boy/Having a Party
2 You're the Sweetest One
3 Since I Lost My Baby
4 Forever, for Always, for Love
5 Better Love
6 Promise Me
7 She Loves Me Back
8 Once You Know How

MP3 | 192 kbs | 60 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1983 - Busy Body
0007464391962_500X5001.jpg

Tracks:
1 I Wanted Your Love
2 Busy Body
3 I'll Let You Slide
4 Make Me a Believer
5 For the Sweetness of Your Love
6 How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye
7 Superstar/Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)

MP3 | 192 kbs | 56 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1985 - The Night I Fell In Love
0007464398822_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Night I Fell in Love
Release Date: 1985
Running Time: 41:29
Rating:

His fourth album under the Epic banner, and Luther Vandross still retains that freshness that is fulfilling to his audience and rightly so. This album spawned four Billboard R&B singles in "'Til My Baby Comes Home," "It's Over Now," "Wait for Love," and "If Only for One Night." However, as superb as these songs are, any one of the remaining selections could have achieved comparable chart status. For starters, "The Other Side of the World" has that suspenseful rhythm and engaging lyric; "My Sensitivity" has a balmy arrangement enhanced with a bashful, yet mature, lyric. As for the title track and the remake of the Stevie Wonder classic "Creepin'," Vandross is witty with his vocal stylings. "If Only for One Night" was also a remake; it was written by Brenda Russell and covered by both her and Roberta Flack. The production skills of Vandross are commendable as he exhibits patience and acumen to know his boundaries. Craig Lytle, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 'Til My Baby Comes Home
2 Night I Fell in Love
3 If Only for One Night
4 Creepin'
5 It's Over Now
6 Wait for Love
7 My Sensitivity (Gets in the Way)
8 Other Side of the World

MP3 | 192 kbs | 57 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1986 - Give Me A Reason
0069699853822_500X5001.jpg

Tracks:
1 Stop to Love
2 See Me
3 I Gave It Up (When I Fell in Love)
4 So Amazing
5 Give Me the Reason
6 There's Nothing Better Than Love
7 I Really Didn't Mean It
8 Because It's Really Love
9 Anyone Who Had a Heart

MP3 | 192 kbs | 63 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1988 - Any Love
0007464443082_500X5001.jpg

Tracks:
1 I Wonder
2 She Won't Talk to Me
3 I Know You Want To
4 Come Back
5 Any Love
6 Love Won't Let Me Wait
7 Are You Gonna Love Me
8 For You to Love
9 Second Time Around

MP3 | 192 kbs | 65 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1991 - Power Of Love
0069699853802_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Power of Love
Release Date: April 23, 1991
Running Time: 55:19
Rating:

Power of Love finds Luther Vandross at his peak, crafting immaculate urban R&B hits that are seductive and soulful. The singles "Power of Love/Love Power," "Don't Want to Be a Fool," "The Rush," and "Sometimes It's Only Love" are the high points, but the album is filled with songs that are nearly as powerful, including a wonderful cover of Ben E. King's "I (Who Have Nothing)." Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 She Doesn't Mind
2 Power of Love/Love Power
3 I'm Gonna Start Today
4 Rush
5 I Want the Night to Stay
6 Don't Want to Be a Fool
7 I Can Tell You That
8 Sometimes It's Only Love
9 Emotional Love
10 I (Who Have Nothing)

MP3 | 192 kbs | 76 mb

1993 - Never Me Let Go
0007464532312_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Never Let Me Go
Release Date: June 01, 1993
Rating:

Luther Vandross may have fallen a bit from his lofty perch among R&B stars, but it wasn't due to any dip in skills. This release contains more examples of his supple, fluid vocals, expert delivery, and sophisticated yet soulful style. Indeed, Vandross hasn't made many better overall albums from a strict singing standpoint; his voice is full and impressive in every register, and there's no sign of strain when he reaches to the top of an arrangement or extends notes and phrases. Perhaps the only sign of creative wear and tear is the album's structure; there's no real blockbuster single, and the final medley, which blends classics from The Spinners and Bee Gees, sounds thrown together; a retooling of his production and arranging procedures might be in order. Ron Wynn, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 Little Miracles (Happen Every Day)
2 Heaven Knows
3 Love Me Again
4 Can't Be Doin' That Now
5 Too Far Down
6 Love Is on the Way (Real Love)
7 Hustle
8 Emotion Eyes
9 Lady, Lady
10 Medley: How Deep Is Your Love/Love Don't Love Nobody [Instrumental In]
11 Never Let Me Go

MP3 | 192 kbs | 73 mb

1994 - Songs
0007464577752_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Songs
Release Date: September 27, 1994
Rating:

Luther Vandross could sing almost anything convincingly, which is one of the reasons Songs is so entertaining. A collection of personal favorites, Songs suffers from the common flaws of covers albums -- it isn't consistent, it sounds slightly canned, and seems like a way to buy time between "real" albums. Nevertheless, Vandross is a truly fine singer, which is what makes Songs worthwhile. Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 Love the One You're With
2 Killing Me Softly
3 Endless Love
4 Evergreen
5 Reflections
6 Hello
7 Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now Whitehead
8 Always and Forever
9 Going in Circles
10 Since You've Been Gone White
11 All the Woman I Need
12 What the World Needs Now Is Love
13 Impossible Dream

MP3 | 192 kbs | 84 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1995 - This Is Christmas
0082796927012_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
This Is Christmas
Release Date: October 24, 1995
Label: Sony
Rating:

The pop/soul community, so prevalent in 1994, coughed up just one other slick, highly polished production piece for 1995: Luther Vandross, This Is Christmas. You might find it hard to get past "The Mistletoe Jam" (silky soul voice smugly intoning "Girl, get over here and get under this mistletoe with me..."). Roch Parisien, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 With a Christmas Heart
2 This Is Christmas
3 Mistletoe Jam (Everybody Kiss Somebody)
4 Every Year, Every Christmas
5 My Favorite Things
6 Have Your Self a Merry Little Christmas
7 I Listen to the Bells
8 Please Come Home for Christmas
9 Kiss for Christmas
10 O' Come All Ye Faithful

MP3 | 192 kbs | 66 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1996 - Your Secret Love
0007464675532_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Your Secret Love
Release Date: October 01, 1996
Rating:

Luther Vandross' tenth new studio album has much in common with its predecessors. It is filled with midtempo love ballads in which Vandross emotes over tasteful R&B gospel arrangements, mostly writing his own songs, but also finding room for a couple of pop favorites -- in this case, Stevie Wonder's "Knocks Me Off My Feet" and the old Little Anthony and the Imperials hit "Goin' Out of My Head." As steeped as he is in the nomenclature of R&B vocal expressionism, Vandross as usual sounds more self-involved than romantically devoted. His references have always seemed not so much real emotions as other love songs, which makes him something of an anomaly: a formalist in a field at least nominally defined by excess of feeling. Of course, that's always been something of a conceit, which may be why the traditional R&B audience faithfully takes Vandross to its bosom each time out, while his relationship to the pop audience, after a flirtation in the early '90s, remains largely unconsummated. He may profess "Endless Love," but pop fans are only willing to believe him when he's singing with a diva like Mariah Carey. Give Vandross credit, he wants to be taken on his own terms, which is why he released his own songs, the title track and "I Can Make It Better," as the singles instead of going for a trendy R&B hit with "I Can't Wait No Longer (Let's Do This)," which features a rap by Deidra "Spin" Roper of Salt-N-Pepa, or trying to make "Goin' Out of My Head" a pop hit for the third time. Such integrity is probably what kept the album from selling beyond Vandross' existing fan base; lucky for him, there were a million of them. William Ruhlmann, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 Your Secret Love
2 Love Don't Love You Anymore
3 It's Hard for Me to Say
4 Crazy Love
5 I Can Make It Better
6 Too Proud to Beg
7 I Can't Wait No Longer (Let's Do This)
8 Nobody to Love
9 Whether or Not the World Gets Better
10 This Time I'm Right
11 Knocks Me off My Feet
12 Goin' Out of My Head

MP3 | 192 kbs | 83 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1997 - One Night With You The Best Of Love, Volume 2
0007464682202_500X5001.jpg

Track listing
One Night With You
When You Call On Me
Baby That's When I Come Running
It's All About You
I Won't Let You Do That To Me
Power Of Love
Power Of Love (2)
Don't Want To Be A Fool
Best Things In Life Are Free
Little Miracles
Endless Love
Always And Forever
Love The One You're With
Your Secret Love
I Can Make It Better

MP3 | 192 kbs | 101 mb

Последнее редактирование модератором:
1998 - I Know
0072438460892_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
I Know
Release Date: August 11, 1998
Label: Virgin
Rating:

Playing the role of R&B love god has always come naturally to Luther Vandross. On his Virgin debut, he eases into his groove once again. Whether he's dealing in the easy, gospel-inflected pop of album opener "Keeping My Faith in You" or the jazzy hooks of the title track (with Stevie Wonder guesting on harmonica), Vandross is in command. While the faux hip-hop of "Get It Right" (with rap by Precise) seems a bit forced, the disc is strong overall. R&B doesn't get any glossier. Tim Sheridan, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 Keeping My Faith in You
2 Isn't There Someone
3 Religion
4 Get It Right
5 I Know
6 I'm Only Human
7 Nights in Harlem
8 Dream Lover
9 When I Need You
10 Are You Using Me?
11 Are You Mad at Me?
12 Now That I Have You
13 Nights in Harlem [A Darkchild Extended Remix]

MP3 | 192 kbs | 92 mb

Добавлено позднее:

1998 - Love Is On The Way
0007989328932_500X5001.jpg

Track listing
Power of Love/Love Power
Once You Know How
Love the One You're With
Come Back
Sugar and Spice (I Found Me a Girl)
Reflections
Love Is on the Way (Real Love)
Goin' Out of My Head
I Gave It Up (When I Fell in Love)
Here and Now

MP3 | 320 kbs | 112 mb

Добавлено позднее:

2001 - Luther Vandross
0080813200072_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Luther Vandross
Release Date: June 19, 2001
Label: J-Records
Rating:

Luther Vandross made a return to form, of sorts, with his 2001 self-titled album, and his first bow for former Arista chief Clive Davis' new label, J Records. Luther Vandross ranks as the singer's best since 1991's critically and commercially lauded Power of Love, and it produced the single "Take You Out," which proved to be the velvet-voiced crooner's first Top 40 pop hit since "Endless Love," his drippy hit duet with Mariah Carey from 1994's covers collection Songs. Luther Vandross employs a bevy of the day's hottest producers and songwriters, in an effort to bring Luther back into the mainstream, and for the most part it works, although it infuriated more than a few old-school purists. Luther effortlessly brings on the funk on stellar up-tempo tracks, such as "Grown Thangs," the neo-disco of "Say It Now" (which recalls his classic "Never Too Much"), and the fabulous "How Do I Tell Her," the latter two utilizing a long standing trademark of Vandross' stellar female background vocals that nearly steal the show. The album also includes the classic ballads -- lush, romantic quiet storm numbers such as "Hearts Get Broken All The Time," the melodic "I'd Rather," "Any Day Now," and "Love Forgot." Additionally, Vandross delivers an inspired cover of the Burt Bacharach/Hal David classic "Are You There (With Another Guy)," The album's second single, "Can Heaven Wait," is a lush ballad that was destined to become a massive hit, but, unfortunately, due to the overly melodramatic nature of the song, which recalls R. Kelly at his schlockiest, the single stiffed. Nonetheless, Luther Vandross is the singer's most engaging, exciting, and compelling album in years, and shows Vandross in step with changing times, all the while still managing to hold on to the essence of what made him so famous in the first place. Jose F. Promis, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 Take You Out
2 Grown Things
3 Bring Your Heart to Mine
4 Can Heaven Wait
5 Say It Now
6 Hearts Get Broken All the Time (But the Problem Is, This Time It's ...)
7 I'd Rather
8 How Do I Tell Her
9 Any Day Now
10 If I Was the One
11 Let's Make Tonight the Night
12 Like I'm Invisible
13 Are You There (With Another Guy)
14 Love Forgot

MP3 | 192 kbs | 91 mb

Добавлено позднее:

2002 - Stop To Love
luther_vandross-stop_to_love-reissu.com.jpg

MP3 | 192 kbs | 74 mb

Добавлено позднее:

2003 - Dance With My Father
0082876518852_500X5001.jpg

Luther Vandross
Dance With My Father
Release Date: June 10, 2003
Label: Arista
Rating:

Luther Vandross pours his heart and soul into Dance With My Father's title track, an ambitious kickoff single that misrepresents an album where most highlights are down-tempo. Vandross' own serious ailment at the time of the single's release makes the song's references to absent loved ones even more poignant. In top form at the time of recording, he is able to deliver the song with a voice strong enough to handle the monolithic sentimentality of the lyrics and Richard Marx's swollen production. The six-minute, sensual quiet storm "The Closer I Get to You" is the other high-profile track, a duet with Beyoncй Knowles holding her own with Vandross' perfect phrasing. The rest of the album's winners are the most restrained numbers, often with Marcus Miller or Vandross himself in the producer's chair. The Vandross-helmed "If I Didn't Know Better" is a complex combination of bitterness and vulnerability, with Vandross confronting a two-timing lover. Miller's "She Saw You" borrows heavily from Timbaland's production style, adding a tasteful Wes Montgomery-toned guitar to surround another story of betrayal. Superstar R&B album conventions being what they are, Busta Rhymes' and Foxy Brown's guest spots feel more mandatory than necessary, but Queen Latifah's contribution to "Hit It Again" is welcome and inspired. Tacked onto the end of the album, "They Said You Needed Me" is a silly, light calypso and also the one true dud. Dance With My Father isn't able to maintain the high standards it often achieves, but Vandross' voice is always compelling and the background singers live up to the superior arrangements throughout. With nearly 70 minutes of music on the disc to choose from, more savvy listeners will be able to program their CD players for a more focused and rewarding listen. David Jeffries, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 If I Didn't Know
2 Think About You
3 If It Ain't One Thing
4 Buy Me a Rose
5 Closer I Get to You
6 Lovely Day
7 Dance With My Father
8 She Saw You
9 Apologize
10 Hit It Again
11 Right in the Middle
12 Once Were Lovers
13 Lovely Day, Pt. 2
14 They Said You Needed Me

MP3 | 320 kbs | 154 mb

Добавлено позднее:

2003 - Live At Radio City Music Hall
00000000000002639599-600x600_72dpi_.jpg

Luther Vandross
Live Radio City Music Hall 2003
Release Date: October 14, 2003
Label: J-Records
Rating:

Recorded two months before his hospitalization for a serious stroke, Live 2003 at Radio City Music Hall is a welcome addition to the Luther Vandross' discography with absolutely no foreshadowing of the devastating event. Those who have only been exposed to his smooth croon on record are in for a treat. The cool pillow talk of his studio recordings is performed perfectly here, but live Vandross adds improvisational twists, stunning vocal theatrics, and some of the most entertaining banter with an audience ever heard. Absolutely effervescent (he declares at least half the songs "my favorite") the singer wins over the audience right away and it just keeps building from there. The band is tight, with Nat Adderley Jr. as leader and on keyboards, but vocals are the thing. You can always count on Vandross to have the best background singers, and here his interaction with them surpasses anything on his studio albums (their playful exchange on "Creepin'" is unbelievable). A slower "Here and Now" is monolithic and the 13 minutes of "Superstar" fly by like it was nothing. Going back to his days in the group Change for "Glow of Love" is a nice nod to the hardcore fans and a perfect, shimmering, disco closer. The keyboards could sure use an update from their '80s presets and Vandross' visual references don't come off so well on a mere CD, but these are small complaints. If there ever was an argument that you can own every one of his studio albums and still only know half the story, this proves it. David Jeffries, All Music Guide

Tracks:
1 Never Too Much
2 Here and Now
3 Take You Out
4 Love Won't Let Me Wait
5 Superstar
6 Stop to Love
7 If Only for One Night
8 Creepin'
9 I'd Rather
10 House Is Not a Home
11 Glow of Love