Aftermath
So Fast, So Numb (Live)
All The Right Friends (Live)

ripped@160
pass=porkex

_http://rapidshare.de/files/6453347/dmarem.rar.html

R.E.M. the first 8 albums

470 MB, av. 192kbps, no pw

Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links?

R.E.M - Chronic Town (1982)

Quote:
Chronic Town is an EP released by the band R.E.M. in 1982 for I.R.S. Records. Chronic Town is the first illustration of R.E.M.'s signature musical style: jangling guitars, chords played in arpeggio, murmured vocals, and lyrics that completely avoid the standard topics of popular music - love and relationships.

The band was unhappy with the sound of the record when it was released, although fans and critics hailed it as a great achievement. As a result of the critical appraisal, I.R.S. gave R.E.M. the green light to record their debut album, Murmur, which would be released in 1983.

In 1987, Chronic Town was added to the CD edition of the rarities compilation album, Dead Letter Office, its only current source of availability.
1. Wolves, Lower – 4:10
2. Gardening at Night – 3:29
3. Carnival of Sorts (Box Cars) – 3:54
4. 1,000,000 – 3:06
5. Stumble – 5:40

-----------------------------

R.E.M - Murmur (1983)

Quote:
Murmur is the first full-length album released by Athens, Georgia post punk and pop band R.E.M..

Released in April 1983, Murmur was preceded by the Chronic Town EP the previous year. Murmur's sound characterized the quieter, introverted side of the first wave of post-punk in the U.S.A.. The sound was new at the time, though not stepping beyond the constructs of traditional rock music. The guitars have a bright ring like chimes that brought on comparisons to The Byrds, and the bass guitar has the bright punchy sound of the Rickenbacker favored by Mike Mills. As the most experienced musician in the group, Mills carries much of the melodic element of the music on the bass, contributing to the moody sound of early R.E.M. albums. Also contributing to this sound is the distant singing of Michael Stipe whose obscure lyrics lend to the mystery and depth of the music, and could lead one to imagine Stipe a person who might prefer the library to the spotlight in a rock arena. Though Murmur is a much-respected 1980s album, little about it would foreshadow the huge popularity that would eventually find R.E.M. In 1983, they were made for the glory days of College radio and to be enjoyed by the intellectual coffee-house crowd.

The atmospheric and stylistic success of Murmur owes much to the mix, with prominent bass and vocals diminished into the mix, similar to that favored by post-punk band The Psychedelic Furs on their first two recordings. The album was produced and engineered by Mitch Easter and Don Dixon, recorded in Charlotte, North Carolina, and released on indie I.R.S. Records. The cover art features sepia-toned photos of a trestle and weedy vines growing covering the ground and nearby trees. The song titles are written over the brown tones in blue, rendering them almost unreadable, particularly with "Moral Kiosk" cutting vertically through the titles. The artwork is truly evocative of the sound of the band, and true to Stipe's delivery of the lyrics. The photos of the band are blue as well, and present four young men who look more like college intellectuals than the rock stars they would later become.

The trestle featured on the album's cover, originally part of the Georgia Railroad line into downtown Athens, has become something of a local landmark. Plans to demolish the trestle, now commonly referred to as the "Murmur Trestle", met with public outcry. On October 2, 2000, the Athens-Clarke County Mayor and Commission voted to save the trestle.link

Initially reaching #36 upon its release in the US, Murmur was certified gold in 1991. In 2002, Murmur was listed as number 197 on the List of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time and in 2003 the TV network VH1 named Murmur the 92nd greatest album of all time.
1. Radio Free Europe
2. Pilgrimage
3. Laughing
4. Talk About The Passion
5. Moral Kiosk
6. Perfect Circle
7. Catapult
8. Sitting Still
9. 9-9
10. Shaking Through
11. We Walk
12. West Of The Fields

-------------------------------------

R.E.M - Reckoning (1984)

Quote:
Reckoning is the second album by the band R.E.M.. It was released in 1984 by independent label I.R.S. Records to critical acclaim and stronger record sales than their debut.

Reckoning features some of R.E.M.'s more popular early songs, including "So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)" and "(Don't Go Back to) Rockville". Avoiding romantic themes once again, lyricist Michael Stipe instead ruminates on cold weather, a fairy tale in which a child drowns, a flood, superficiality, and separation. The upbeat tone of the music contrast with the dark lyrics. The final song, "Little America", is written about rural America, and predates the Southern themes on the following album, Fables of the Reconstruction.

The cover art for Reckoning is the result of a collaboration between lead singer Michael Stipe and Georgia artist Howard Finster.

Reckoning reached #27 in the US (where it went gold in 1991), and became R.E.M.'s first UK chart album, where it peaked at #91.
1. HarborcOat
2. 7 ChineSe Bros.
3. so. Central Rain
4. Pretty Persuasion Lis
5. Time After Time (annElise)
6. second GuessinG
7. letter Never seNt
8. camerA
9. (don't Go back To) ROCKVILLE
10. little america

-----------------------

R.E.M - Fables of the Reconstruction (1985)

Quote:
Fables of the Reconstruction was the third album released by the band R.E.M. and was released in 1985. Despite the critical acclaim received by the band after their initial two albums, Murmur and Reckoning, R.E.M. decided to make noticeable changes to their style of music and recording habits, including a change in producer (Joe Boyd) and recording location (London, England).

Lyrically, the album explores the mythology of the Southern United States. A celebration of an eccentric individual is the subject of no less than four songs on the album ("Maps and Legends", "Life and How To Live It", "Old Man Kensey", "Wendell Gee"). "Maps and Legends" is dedicated to the Reverend Howard Finster, "a man of vision and feeling--a fine example to all." "Driver 8" is a song about the scenery surrounding railroad tracks. Trains are a frequent topic of Southern music; they epitomize the freedom and promise of an escape from one's home environment. The source of the title of "Cant Get There from Here" is a curious phrase heard when asking directions in a rural area. "Kohoutek" is about a comet, and is perhaps the first song by R.E.M. about a romantic relationship. By the time this album was released, R.E.M. were already well-known and critically acclaimed, and the video for "Cant Get There From Here" was played frequently on MTV, though it failed to chart as a single.

Recorded during a period of minor internal strife, the band's view of the album has been polarized for years. Former drummer Bill Berry was quoted in the early 1990's as saying that Fables of the Reconstruction "sucked", while frontman Michael Stipe considers it home to some of their more important songs.

The album's liner notes lists a song entitled "When I Was Young" as among the tracklisting, but does not appear on the release. It would, however, be recorded as "I Believe" on Lifes Rich Pageant.

Upon its release, Fables of the Reconstruction reached #28 in the US (going gold in 1991) and was their best showing yet in the UK, peaking at #35.
1. Feeling Gravity's Pull
2. Maps and Legends
3. Driver 8
4. Life and How to Live It
5. Old Man Kensey
6. Can't Get There From Here
7. Green Grow the Rushes
8. Kohoutek
9. Auctioneer (Another Engine)
10. Good Advices
11. Wendell Gee

-------------------------------------------------

R.E.M - Lifes Rich Pageant (1986)

Quote:
Lifes Rich Pageant is the fourth album by R.E.M. and was released in 1986. Designed as an upbeat reaction to the sobering and historical Fables of the Reconstruction, R.E.M. chose John Cougar Mellencamp producer Don Gehman to produce Lifes Rich Pageant.

With R.E.M.'s fanbase beginning to grow beyond its college rock boundaries, Lifes Rich Pageant – deliberately spelled without an apostrophe – proved to be their biggest US album yet, peaking at #21 and scoring them their first gold record. In the UK, where the band's fame lagged slightly, the album managed a #43 peak.

The ecologically-conscious "Fall on Me" (a personal favorite of frontman Michael Stipe's) was the album's lead single, followed by a cover of "Superman", sung by bassist Mike Mills.
1. Begin the Begin
2. These Days
3. Fall On Me
4. Cuyahoga
5. Hyena
6. Underneath the Bunker
7. The Flowers of Guatemala
8. I Believe
9. What if We Give it Away?
10. Just a Touch
11. Swan Swan H
12. Superman

-------------------------------------------

R.E.M. - Dead Letter Office (1987)

Quote:
While purists will insist on an undiluted copy of the band's 1982 Chronic Town EP, R.E.M. completists (and those who just like a lot of tracks for their money) will be grateful for the inclusion of 15 additional B-sides and curios on this 1987 compilation. Not surprisingly, the non-Chronic material is a mixed blessing: while R.E.M. were much beloved for being notorious cover-whores during those early Athens live shows, their reverent takes on Velvet Underground classics stand the test of time far better than their odes to Roger Miller and Aerosmith. But all that will be forgotten by the time Chronic Town's "Wolves, Lower" kicks in, signaling the official arrival of a band that forever changed the face of Southern rock.
1. Crazy
2. There She Goes Again
3. Burning Down
4. Voice Of Harold
5. Burning Hell
6. White Tornado
7. Toys In the Attic
8. Windout
9. Ages Of You
10. Pale Blue Eyes
11. Rotary Ten
12. Bandwagon
13. Femme Fatale
14. Walters Theme
15. King Of The Road
16. Wolves, Lower
17. Gardening At Night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R.E.M. - Document (1987)

Quote:
Document is the fifth studio album by R.E.M. and their sixth overall. It was released in 1987 a few months after their rarities collection Dead Letter Office appeared and is the last album of new material by the band released on the I.R.S. Records label.

Document is significant in not only birthing R.E.M.'s first US Top 10 hit in "The One I Love" (which reached #9), but also giving them their first platinum album, with Document reaching #10 in their home country and #29 in the UK. "It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine)" also proved a sizeable hit.

With the band poised to become a major rock group, much to the dismay of their college rock fans, R.E.M. would sign the following year with Warner Bros. Records and see their commercial fortunes grow exponentially.

Document was listed at #470 in the List of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time in 2002.
1. Finest Worskong
2. Welcome to the Occupation
3. Exhuming McCarthy
4. Disturbance at the Heron House
5. Strange
6. It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)
7. The One I Love
8. Fireplace
9. Lightnin' Hopkins
10. King of Birds
11. Oddfellows Local 151

-------------

R.E.M. - Green (1988)

Quote:
Green is the 1988 major label debut album by R.E.M.. After several years with I.R.S. Records, the band signed with Warner Bros. Records (where they remain presently) and delivered Green on Election Day, 1988.

Featuring a slick production (which guitarist Peter Buck has publicly regretted), Green transformed R.E.M. from a college radio band to a major league group. It is also notable for Peter Buck's first use of mandolin, which can be heard in three of its tracks. Green's featured hits are "Orange Crush" and the US Top 10 smash "Stand". "Pop Song 89" also received a measure of success.

With warm critical reaction and the conversion of many new fans, Green ultimately went double-platinum in the US, reaching #12, and peaked at #27 in the UK. The band would tour extensively in support of the album throughout 1989, before beginning work on what would prove their worldwide commercial breakthrough, 1991's Out of Time.

In 2005, Warner Bros. Records issued an expanded two-disc edition of Green which includes a CD and a DVD, as well as the original CD booklet with expanded liner notes.

1. Pop Song 89
2. Get Up
3. You Are The Everthing
4. Stand
5. World Leader Pretend
6. The Wrong Child
7. Orange Crush
8. Turn You Inside-Out
9. Hairshirt
10. I Remember California
11. Bonus Track 1

R.E.M. - Out Of Time

R.E.M. - Out Of Time

remoutbd9.jpg

Track listing
1. Radio Song
2. Losing My Religion
3. Low
4. Near Wild Heaven
5. Endgame
6. Shiny Happy People
7. Belong
8. Half A World Away
9. Texarkana
10. Country Feedback
11. Me In Honey

_http://rapidshare.de/files/30109326/remout.rar
192/THX flodur

R.E.M. - New Adventures in Hi-Fi

R.E.M. - New Adventures in Hi-Fi

remnewinhifitd8.jpg

Track listing
1. How The West Was Won And Where It Got Us
2. The Wake-Up Bomb
3. New Test Leper
4. Undertow
5. E-Bow The Letter
6. Leave
7. Departure L
8. Bittersweet Me
9. Be Mine
10. Binky The Doormat
11. Zither
12. So Fast, So Numb
13. Low Desert
14. Electrolite

_http://rapidshare.de/files/30107279/remnewad.rar
192/THX flodur

R.E.M. - Murmer

R.E.M. - Murmer

remmurmerii4.jpg

Track listing
1. Radio Free Europe
2. Pilgrimage
3. Laughing
4. Talk About The Passion
5. Moral Kiosk
6. Perfect Circle
7. Catapult
8. Sitting Still
9. 9-9
10. Shaking Through
11. We Walk
12. West Of The Fields
13 There She Goes Again
14 9-9 (Live)
15 Gardening at Night (Live)
16 Catapult (Live)

_http://rapidshare.de/files/30103279/remmurmer.rar
192/THX flodur

R.E.M. - Monster

R.E.M. - Monster

remmonsterwl0.jpg

Track listing
1. What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
2. Crush With Eyeliner
3. King Of Comedy
4. I Don't Sleep, I Dream
5. Star 69
6. Strange Currencies
7. Tongue
8. Bang And Blame
9. I Took Your Name
10. Let Me In
11. Circus Envy
12. You

_http://rapidshare.de/files/30100370/remmonster.rar
192/THX flodur

R.E.M. - Green

R.E.M. - Green

remgreenaa9.jpg

Track listing
1. Pop Song 89
2. Get Up
3. You Are The Everthing
4. Stand
5. World Leader Pretend
6. The Wrong Child
7. Orange Crush
8. Turn You Inside-Out
9. Hairshirt
10. I Remember California
11. Bonus Track 1

_http://rapidshare.de/files/30098120/remgreen.rar
192/THX flodur

R.E.M. - Eponymous

R.E.M. - Eponymous

remepoxn6.jpg

Track listing
1. Radio Free Europe (original Hib-Tone single)
2. Gardening at Night (different vocal mix)
3. Talk About the Passion
4. So. Central Rain
5. (Don't Go Back To) Rockville
6. Can't Get There From Here
7. Driver 8
8. Romance
9. Fall On Me
10. The One I Love
11. Finest Worksong (mutual drum horn mix)
12. It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)

_http://rapidshare.de/files/30097315/remepony.rar
192/THX flodur

R.E.M. - Document

R.E.M. - Document

remdokumentab0.jpg

Track listing
1. Finest Worksong
2. Welcome To The Occupation
3. Exhuming McCarthy
4. Disturbanceat The Heron House
5. Strange
6. It's The End Of The World As We Know It(And I Feel