06. Spider's Web
07. Blue Shoes
08. On The Road Again
09. Thank You, Stars
10. Just Like Heaven
11. I Cried For You
12. I Do Believe In Love
104.6 Mb
Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links?

P55341ZPOS0.jpg

Arturo Sandoval

Biography by Richard S. Ginell

A blazing, technically flawless trumpeter from Cuba, Arturo Sandoval has been dazzling audiences all over the world with his supercharged tone and bop-flavored flurries way up in the trumpet's highest register. In slower numbers, he sports a golden, mellow tone on the flugelhorn, marked with a sure, subtle sense of swing. Apparently he is capable of playing anything, proving it more than once by tackling classical repertoire as well as jazz in the same concert, and he has enough curiosity to search far beyond his Cubop base for repertory. Yet he often lets his desire to please the crowd with high-note displays get in the way of musical values, and he has yet to make a great record that can stand with those trumpet giants that have preceded him.

The son of an auto mechanic, Sandoval took up the classical trumpet at 12 and was enrolled in the Cuban National School of the Arts at 15, studying with a Russian classical trumpeter. Early in the 1970s, he became one of the founding members of the Orquesta Cubana de Musica Moderna, which by 1973 had evolved into the Afro-Cuban, rock-influenced band Irakere. Sandoval met his idol Dizzy Gillespie in 1977, who promptly became a mentor and colleague, playing with Sandoval in concerts in Europe and Cuba and later featuring him in the United Nation Orchestra. After recording an album with David Amram, Havana/New York, and a couple of high-profile Irakere albums on Columbia, Sandoval left the group in 1981 to tour with his own band and record in Cuba. Occasionally, the Castro government would allow Sandoval to appear in various international jazz festivals and with orchestras like the BBC Symphony and Leningrad Philharmonic. Though he chafed under a regime that restricted his touring, Sandoval bided his time until he could get his wife and son out of Cuba, and only then, in July 1990 during a long European tour, did he defect at the American Embassy in Rome, settling in Florida. Signing with GRP, Sandoval's first American album, appropriately titled Flight to Freedom, demonstrated his versatility in several idioms, and he toured with his own high-energy Afro-Cuban group in the 1990s. Hothouse followed in 1998, and a year later he returned with Americana. L.A. Meetings appeared in spring 2001. For 2003's Trumpet Evolution, Sandoval selected material from his favorite horn players.

e930833h3u3.jpg

Arturo Sandoval
L.A. Meetings

Дата релиза: 2001
Рекорд лэйбл: Cubop Records
Общее время звучания: 41.18 мин
Качество: EAC-APE (потрэково; битрэйт: 791-902 kbps)
Общий размер архивов: 250 Мб

Review by Scott Yanow

A year before he defected from Cuba, the great trumpeter Arturo Sandoval played with his Cuban band briefly in Los Angeles. A recording session took place that was released for the first time in 2001. Sandoval (who doubles on timbales) is in typically exuberant form with the music (five of the trumpeter's originals and Jobim's "Dindi") ranging from funky to straight-ahead. His sextet includes pianist Hilario Duran (who would become best-known for his work with Jane Bunnett's groups) and the rockish guitarist Jorge Luis Chicoy. A special treat is that Poncho Sanchez sits in on two of the six numbers, fitting in quite comfortably with the Cubans. This historic set (the only recording of Arturo Sandoval's last Cuban band) is full of fire and easily recommended to fans of the funkier side of Afro-Cuban jazz.

В записи принимали участие
Jorge L. Chicoy - Guitar
Hilario Durán Piano
Bernardo Choven Garcia - Drums
Jorge Reyes - Bass
Poncho Sanchez - Bongos, Conga
Arturo Sandoval - Trumpet, Timbales, Liner Notes

Трэклист/Ссылки
1. Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? (45 Мб)
2. Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? (50 Мб)
3. Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? (45 Мб)
4. Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? (40 Мб)
5. Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? (46 Мб)
6. Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? (35 Мб)

Пароль на архивы / Password: Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links?

Последнее редактирование модератором:
Ella Fitzgerald
The Cole Porter Songbook CD 1

Год: 1956
Битрейт: 320
Размер: 120 Мb
Инф. для восстановления: 5%

Треклист:

01 - All Through The Night
02 - Anything Goes
03 - Miss Otis Regrets (She's Unable To Lunch Today)
04 - Too Darn Hot
05 - In The Still Of The Night
06 - I Get A Kick Out Of You
07 - Do I Love You
08 - (I'm) Alway True To You In My Fashion
09 - Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)
10 - Just One Of Those Things
11 - Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
12 - All Of You
13 - Begin The Beguine
14 - Get Out Of Town
15 - I Am In Love
16 - From This Moment On

Password: Fitzgerald

10 и 11 треки с брачком - проигрываются не до конца, обрезаны.

Ella Fitzgerald
The Cole Porter Songbook CD 2

Размер: 161 Мb

Треклист:

01 - I Love Paris
02 - You Do Something To Me
03 - Ridin' High
04 - Easy To Love
05 - It's All Right With Me
06 - Why Can't You Behave
07 - What Is This Thing Called Love
08 - You're The Top
09 - Love For Sale
10 - It's De-Lovely
11 - Night And Day
12 - Ace In The Hole
13 - So In Love
14 - I've Got You Under Me Skin
15 - I Concentrate On You
16 - Don't Fence Me In
17 - You're The Top (Alternative Take)
18 - I Concentrate On You (Alternative Take)
19 - Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love) (Alternative Take)

Password: Fitzgerald​

Playboy Jazz: Cocktail Mix [2006]

music_with_no_limits-1152815259_i_4023_full.jpg

Artist: VA
Title Playboy Jazz: Cocktail Mix
Year: 2006
Genre: Jazz
Bitrate/Quality: VBR ~200 kbit/s
Размер: 60 MBytes

Композиции:
1 Ultimate Mancini Orchestra - The Pink Panther Theme - 4:15
2 Tony Bennett - As Time Goes By - 3:13
3 Cal Tjader - Guarachi Guaro - 3:00
4 Tierney Sutton - Something Cool - 4:26
5 King Curtis - Fever - 2:43
6 Charlie Byrd - The Girl From Ipanema - 4:49
7 Peter Cincotti - I Love Paris - 3:47
8 Scott Hamilton - The Look Of Love - 5:13
9 Dave Frishberg - I'm Hip - 3:31
10 The Vince Guaraldi Trio - Cast Your Fate To The Wind - 3:06

Ella Fitzgerald
The Rogers & Hart Songbook CD 1

Размер: 132 Мb

Треклист:

01 - Have You Met Miss Jones
02 - You Took Advantage Of Me
03 - A Ship Without A Sail
04 - To Keep My Love Alive
05 - Dancing On The Ceiling (He Dances On My Ceiling)
06 - The Lady Is A Tramp
07 - With A Song In My Heart
08 - Manhattan
09 - Johnny One Note
10 - I Wish I Were In Love Again
11 - Spring Is Here
12 - It Never Entered My Mind
13 - This Can't Be Love
14 - Thou Swell
15 - My Romance
16 - Where Or When
17 - Little Girl Blue

Peter Cincotti
"On The Moon"

cincotti_album%20cover.jpg

Год: 2004
Жанр: Jazz
Стиль: Vocal Jazz, Singer/ Songwriter, Crossover Jazz
Формат: MP3
Битрейт: 256 kbit
Размер: 92,4

1.St. Louis Blues - 4:15
2.Some Kind of Wonderful - 3:32
3.I Love Paris - 3:47
4.On the Moon - 5:05
5.Bali Ha'i - 3:59
6.He's Watching - 4:48
7.Raise the Roof - 4:10
8.The Girl for Me Tonight - 5:02
9.You Don't Know Me - 4:37
10.I'd Rather Be With You - 4:50
11.Up on the Roof - 2:53
12.Cherokee - 3:13

Michael Franks - Rendezvous In Rio

8689010000ll3.jpg

Artist: Michael Franks
Album: Rendezvous In Rio
Label: Koch Records
Styles: Jazz, Vocal Jazz, Crossover Jazz, Smooth Jazz
Release Date: June 27, 2006
Quality / Bitrate: Ogg Vorbis 1.1 / VBR (320-500 kbit/s) / 44.1 Khz / Stereo
Total Time: 52:33 Min
Total Size: 178 MB
http://www.michaelfranks.com/

NEW YORK, NY (KOCH Records) - Michael Franks, a mainstay in the contemporary jazz scene since the '70s, is back with «Rendezvous in Rio», his new album featuring 10 new original songs with distinctive arrangements from long-time collaborators Jeff Lorber, Jimmy Haslip, Russell Ferrante, Chuck Loeb and others».Rendezvous in Rio» will be released on June 27th, 2006. The music of renowned Brazilian composer Antonio Carlos Jobim has been a great influence to Franks' previous music, and it can be seen in this album as well. «Rendezvous in Rio» includes an 'unrequited love' song «The Question is Why», «The Critics Are Never Kind» from his musical «Noa Noa», which portrays a musical conversation between artists Gauguin, Van Gogh, and Degas, the bittersweet «Songbirds», and two jazzy numbers: «The Cool School» and «Hearing 'Take Five'».

mikework30000ub5.jpg

Michael Franks, a California native, has been creating and recording music for the past 33 years, and has released 16 albums to date. He studied music and literature in college, receiving his Masters from UCLA, and his PhD from the University of Oregon. He later taught undergraduate music courses at both UCLA and Berkeley.

His musical style seamlessly weaves lyrics of stunning sensuality, wit, reflection and literary eloquence over music that tastefully utilizes top shelf shadings of jazz, soul, pop, chamber and music from around the globe. His most well known songs include «Popsicle Toes», «Monkey See-Monkey Do», «The Lady Wants To Know», «When the Cookie Jar is Empty», «Tiger in the Rain», «Rainy Night in Tokyo» and «Tell Me All About It». His music has been covered by Ana Caram, Natalie Cole, Patti Labelle, Miss Peggy Lee, Melissa Manchester, Carmen McRae, Ringo Starr, Livingston Taylor and the Yellowjackets.

TRACKLIST
01. Under The Sun [5:24]
02. Rendezvous In Rio [5:36]
03. The Cool School [5:47]
04. Samba Do Soho [4:40]
05. The Critics Are Never Kind [5:16]
06. Scatsville [4:27]
07. The Chemistry Of Love [4:24]
08. Hearing 'Take Five' [5:41]
09. The Question Is Why [4:30]
10. Songbirds [6:48]

Скачать с rapidshare.de
пароль на архив: ajiger

Скачать с uploaded.to
Quality / Bitrate: MP3 / 320 kbit/s / 44.1 Khz / Stereo
Total Size: 124 MB

пароль на архив: http://freeliz.ru

Послушать фрагменты

Последнее редактирование модератором:
Miles Davis - On the Corner

Miles Davis - On the Corner

b00000292k01aa240sclzzzzzzzll3.jpg

1. On the Corner/New York Girl/Thinkin' of One Thing and Doin' Another/Vote for Miles - 19:59
2. Black Satin - 5:20
3. One and One - 6:09
4. Helen Butte/Mr. Freedom X - 23:18

_http://rapidshare.de/files/30691826/otc-1.rar.html
_http://rapidshare.de/files/30693079/otc-2.rar.html

Формат: потрековый flac, 392Мб, + сканы буклета
pass: bellboy

THX ogolberg

Spyro Gyra - Wrapped In A Dream

679468gr9.jpg

Artist: Spyro Gyra
Album: Wrapped In A Dream
Label: Heads Up Records
Styles: Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz
Release Date: Feb 28, 2006
Total Time: 61:29 Min
Total Size: 141.82 MB (rar)
http://www.spyrogyra.com/

Spyro Gyra: Julio Fernandez (guitar); Jay Beckenstein (saxophone); Tom Schuman (keyboards); Scott Ambush (bass guitar); Josh Dion, Ludwig Alfonso (drums).
Additional personnel: Eric Oliver (trombone); Cyro Baptista (percussion).

spyrogyraartistphotoa3400000kp4.jpg

The Buffalo-based instrumental ensemble is always credited for contributing to the pop, R&B, and jazz hybrid that eventually evolved into today's smooth jazz -- but happily, as the music in that genre has gotten slightly more predictable, Spyro Gyra have been rocking, rolling, and improvising in a lot of unexpected directions. So after nine Grammy nominations and nearly 11 million albums sold, where do saxman Jay Beckenstein, keyboardist Tom Schuman, and company turn to wrap themselves in a dream? How about some "Impressions of Madrid," a moody, super-sultry Latin meditation that weaves the saxman's soprano with his own flute and (for the first time) Spanish chanting. Former full-time member Dave Samuels (marimba) and acoustic guitarist Julio Fernandez make this an irresistible, totally trippy excursion. Closer to home, Beckenstein segues into the soulful, easy-rocking blues flavors of "Impressions of Toledo" -- less exotic to be sure, but still loads of fun, with ample opportunity for his mates to jam and solo. The band also makes up new titles as clever and weird as its own name, via the steamy and mysterious, strutting blues drench of "The Voodooyoodoo" and the South African/gospel-infused closer, "Woogitybop," which features some of Beckenstein's most aggressive blowing amidst rich horn textures. Not that it's ultra-important, but there are a few tracks that could qualify as artsy "smooth jazz," like Schuman's punchy "Walkin' Home" and the lone outside composition, Chuck Loeb's bouncy, super-funky "Tuesday." Mostly, this is Spyro Gyra doing what they've done best in the 2000s -- staying engaging and accessible while stretching out, taking risks, and having a blast like the kids they were in the '70s. ~ Jonathan Widran, All Music Guide

TRACKLIST
1. Spyro Time [4:00]
2. Midnight Thunder [4:19]
3. The Voodooyoodoo [5:16]
4. Tuesday [5:11]
5. Impressions of Madrid [5:34]
6. Impressions of Toledo [5:45]
7. Wrapped in a Dream [6:36]
8. After the Storm [5:59]
9. Walkin' Home [4:28]
10. The Lowdown [4:05]
11. Lil' Mono [5:40]
12. Woogitybop [4:47]

Скачать

Послушать фрагменты

Почитать о группе
Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? (на русском)
Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? (на английском)

Ella Fitzgerald
The Rogers & Hart Songbook CD 2

Размер: 138 Мb

Треклист:

01. Give It Back To The Indians
02. Ten Cents A Dance
03. There's A Small Hotel
04. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
05 - Ev'rything I've Got
06 - I Could Write A Book
07 - Blue Room
08 - My Funny Valentine
09 - Bewitched
10 - Mountain Greenery
11 - Wait Till You See Here
12 - Lover
13 - Isn't It Romantic
14 - Here In My Arms
15 - Blue Moon
16 - My Heart Stood Still
17 - I've Got Five Dollars
18 - Lover (Mono Take)

Boney James & Rick Braun
Shake It Up

b00004tcp401sclzzzzzzzny3.jpg

Artist: Boney James & Rick Braun
Album: Shake It Up
Label: Warner Bros. Records
Styles: Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Crossover Jazz
Release Date: May 30, 2000
Total Time: 47:36 Min
Total Size: 110 MB (rar)

http://boneyjames.com
http://www.rickbraun.com

James Oppenheim, better known as Boney , is a smooth jazz saxophonist who popularized urban jazz (an updated version of smooth jazz that contains elements of hip-hop).
James has produced remakes of classic soul songs, such as Chaka Khan's "Sweet Thing," Stevie Wonder's "Creepin'" (which had also been redone by Luther Vandross) and Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine (When She's Gone)". In addition, he collaborated with trumpeter Rick Braun on an album called Shake it Up. Their duets include "Grazin' in the Grass," which had been previously performed by the Friends of Distinction and Hugh Masekela.
Some James originals include "Metropolis," "After the Rain" and "Here She Comes."
Boney James is a two-time Grammy nominee. He has accumulated three Gold records. His current and ninth CD, Pure, debuted at #12 on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz charts. Pure marks the debut as his own producer and he also co-wrote every song.

boneyjameswj020000va5.jpg

Born in Lowell, Massachusetts, Boney James started his teen years in New Rochelle, New York, as a Motown fan, which has contributed to his "musical influence and soulful R&B style." This R&B influence was strengthened by seven years of touring and sessions as a sideman with artists like the Isley Brothers and Morris Day. His solo career has culminated with three straight #1 Contemporary Jazz/Top 40 R&B albums.
The early days, he joined Bobby Caldwell's back musician. He caught the attention of the engineer/mixer & producer Paul Brown. And, in 1992 he released his debut album Trust. Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links?

Rick Braun is a smooth jazz trumpet player. He got started playing in several bands, including Avenue Blue, which was led by guitarist Jeff Golub. Braun has a trumpet solo in the band's remake of "Pick up the Pieces," which had been a hit by the Average White Band during the 1970s.

artistsrickbrauntm1.jpg

Braun went on to have a successful solo career, but his most famous work is a collaboration with saxophonist Boney James, as they did a duet off the remake of the Hugh Masekela classic "Grazin' in the Grass."
In addition to his solo career, Braun also plays in the band BWB, with saxophonist Kirk Whalum and guitarist Norman Brown. In 2005, he and saxophonist Richard Elliot co-founded a new label, ARTizen Music Group. Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links?

Album review
From Bob James & David Sanborn's Grammy-winning Double Vision to George Benson & Earl Klugh's Collaboration, Warner Brothers has released some of the greatest dual projects in smooth jazz. Rick Braun's signing to the label this year has paved the way for the label's best tandem project yet, pairing the trumpet star's jazzy sensibilities with the ultra-funk dynamics of R&B saxman Boney James. Rather than simply a clever name, the album title reflects the way the two bounce off of and drive each other to reach artistic heights beyond their typical solo endeavors. The two horns dance over a shuffle beat and simmering blues keyboard textures on the opening track "RSVP," first soaring in perfect unison then breaking for back-and-forth conversations between James' lower smoky tone and Braun's higher pitched crackling. Their musical chatter builds slowly, culminating in a powerful end chorus. Similarly celebratory are two versions (one vocal) of the jubilant '60s horn hit "Grazin' in the Grass," which features the two swaying as one over jumpy retro guitar and keyboard parts then blasting off into percussive improvisations. While it's easy to visualize the energy James and Braun might generate with those tunes live, the disc's gentler moments are equally remarkable, most notably the silky "More Than You Know" (where Braun introduces a tender thought and waits for James to complete it) and a smoky, gently grooving cover of Horace Silver's "Song for My Father." The latter features a subdued Braun's muted trumpet melody as James' breathy tenor rides underneath as a support system. The listeners have heard Braun do the intimate jazz improv before, but James' inventive reflections here are quite the revelation. "The Stars Above" allows for an even more intimate candlelight chat between two musicians who seem to read each other's thoughts instinctively. Other highlights are "Central Avenue" and the percussive title track, which is sheer live-in-the-studio festivity time. James and Braun both came of age in the '70s and the chunky wah-wah guitar elements dart throughout, most emphatically on "Chain Reaction," which chugs along at a feverish retro-soul pitch. Shake It Up is not only the smooth jazz event of the year, but so far the genre's greatest recording. Hopefully, it won't be just a one time side project for either. ~ Jonathan Widran, All Music Guide

TRACKLIST
1. R.S.V.P. - 4:43
2. Grazin in the Grass - 5:08
3. More Than You Know - 4:32
4. Shake It Up - 4:03
5. Central Ave. - 4:09
6. Love`s Like That - 4:28
7. Song for My Father - 5:58
8. Chain Reaction - 5:05
9. The Stars Above - 5:09
10. Grazin in the Grass (Can You Dig It?) [Vocal Version] - 4:21

Скачать альбом

Послушать фрагменты

Почитать о музыкантах (на английском)
Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links? | Как увидеть ссылки? | How to see hidden links?

Статус
Закрыто для дальнейших ответов.
Верх